Achievements – Health
1. Sent a shipment of medicines to the Maharajah Institute of Medical Sciences to be distributed among the rural poor.
2. Immunization Campaign – Contribution to Rotary International’s effort to eliminate Polio in the world.
3. Smokeless Stoves (chulas) installation in 8 villages near Chitrakoot, M.P. India to improve the quality of the indoor air quality of rural kitchens to help reduce lung and eye problems.
4. Solar lanterns installation in 44 villages near Chitrakoot, M.P., to eliminate the health and burn hazards caused by kerosene lanterns.
5. Health awareness campaigns being conducted annually from 2006 about using safe drinking water and eliminating open defecation by villagers in rural areas of India for the protection of public health.
6. The construction of a 24/7 Water-san facility in Duppada has shown promising results; 100% of the people living in the colony are buying safe drinking water and 50% of the poor living in the colony are not practicing open defecation.
7. Distribution of blankets, pots and pans, tarpaulins, and serving plates to Hudhud typhoon (October 14, 2014) affected tribals in Mentada Mandal of Vizianagaram District. February 2015 .
8. Participated in the Workshop as Guest of Honor of Diabetic Child Society, Visakhapatnam, A.P. India. March 2015 (Founding secretary, Dr. Mythili)
9. Invited Dr. Mythili to give a presentation on her work to care for Type 1 diabetic children. Based on her request to support her work, and similar requests from Hyderabad and Nagpur physicians, Bharathi Theertha is working with the Rotary Club of Naperville to develop a proposal for seeking a grant from Rotary International Foundation (Potential Project 2016)
10. Proposed establishment of a sub-health center in Devada village (adopted village of Bharathi Theertha